Use sterilize sterilize in this case, but usually the traces leave some traces. The section on sterilization status.
What is solar sterilization?
- Solar sterilization is one of the natural, organic methods, prepared in the fight against agricultural diseases and pests
- meaning it is a healthy alternative to chemical sterilizers and gases, such as ethyl bromide, which is one of the most commonly used gases in pest control.
- This type of sterilization is carried out using solar energy at appropriate soil temperatures
- It also contributes to improving the properties of agricultural soils.
- nor use sterilizers or solariums on a specific type of cultivation; It is useful for open agricultural fields as well as greenhouses.
Its most important benefits
- The method is safe for both humans
- It improves the soil.
- Weed resistant.
- Eliminating the seeds of these weeds before they grow, causes them to grow in competition with the cultivated ones.
- Increase plant growth.
- Raising the quality of agricultural products.
- Relatively lower costs, especially when compared to other means
A suitable method for the Kingdom’s climate
- Then the method of sterilization in the way it is calculated is one of the most appropriate methods and the climate of the Kingdom.
- The hot climate in Saudi Arabia and other Gulf countries is a comparative advantage when sterilizing the soil.
Iranian timely solar sterilization
- As for the appropriate date; In the summer period, specifically from May to the end of August
- In order to take advantage of the natural rise in temperatures.
- Soil in the soil
Steps to conduct solar sterilization
- Clean the soil by removing the remains of previous crops, plowing them deeply, leveling and smoothing them.
- After scanning
- Mix the compost into the soil, then level it.
- Then start installing the irrigation network, and irrigate the soil of the greenhouse, so that the water reaches a depth of 70:60 cm.
- Then it catches the soil contents from the soil to the outer soil, then polyethylene (polyethylene).
- Finally, the house is closed from 4 to 6 weeks.
We conclude that heat sterilization, although easy to apply, but it is traditional and healthy wisdom in sterilization of agricultural soil, has the ability to raise the temperature of the greenhouse to 10 or 15 degrees Celsius to outside temperatures.