Agricultural pests.. New ways and methods appear in each period to get rid of insects and agricultural pests, but what about avoiding them and working to prevent them as a proactive step that farmers, including farmers of greenhouses, can implement. In this article, we will try to clarify some agricultural procedures and methods that can reduce the chances of infesting your greenhouse with any kind of insects or pests to the greatest possible degree.
What are agricultural pests
Agricultural pests are any species or race, whether plant or animal, that cause harmful diseases to the crop.
The truth is that the damages of these pests and insects are very great, as they affect the quality and quantities of agricultural production, and have recently spread worldwide, and transcontinental types have emerged, due to multiple factors, for example, globalization, major climate change and global trade activities.
Of course; These insects and pests may infect open crops as well as greenhouses, but the most famous types that appear inside the greenhouse are white flies and insects that make tunnels and hoppers or what is known as leafhoppers.. and others.
Learn about the most common pests and insects that infect greenhouses
Various methods of pest control
- As we mentioned earlier, many methods and means of insect control have appeared inside the greenhouse, including chemical control that depends on the use of some manufactured chemicals and spraying them inside the greenhouse.
- As well as biological control, which is based on finding other living organisms and natural materials that act as a natural resistance and killer for these insects..
- Agricultural operations to prevent pest infestation.
As for the methods of preventing these pests and insects, and reducing the chances of their appearance; Greenhouse farmers can follow the following agricultural procedures:
- This contributes to the provision of strong and high-quality cotton seedlings, which have a great ability to withstand infection by any type of first insect, such as aphids, thrips and borers.
- Early planting protects the plant from bollworm infestation at the end of the growing season.
- By employing advanced hoeing techniques, a large percentage of weeds and weeds can be eliminated.
- This weed represents the main factor in pest infestation, especially the pests that infect early plant seedlings.
Other approaches to pest prevention
Get rid of perennial weeds
One of the effective agricultural methods also with regard to the prevention of insects and agricultural pests is to get rid of the perennial weeds, which are often found on the edges of canals and public roads, as well as drains near the crops.
This procedure also reduces the infestation of many insects, especially the whitefly and the red spider.
As for burying firewood in the ground, it is one of the means to get rid of the pest of the green almond and its larvae stuck to it, and it is preferable to take this procedure in early February of each year.
It remains to point out that despite the multiple methods of control, the method of preventing agricultural insects and pests is the most appropriate option for the farmer, as it represents a preliminary and proactive measure that then saves a lot of effort and money that can be spent in the control process.
لا يوجد تعليقات