Cultivation of roses .. In addition to its attractive appearance, and its ability to improve the mood, roses in general represent a profitable agricultural and commercial project. Greenhouse farmers may sell these natural flowers, or even extract rose water from them, and then sell them, but what? About the rose, which is characterized by the beauty of appearance and smell more than others?
- The Jouri rose is one of the most important and most beautiful types of oriental roses, and one of the best in the world.
- It also represents the national rose in Syria, to the extent that it was called the “Damascus rose”.
- In addition to being an ornamental plant, it is used in the manufacture of the most famous types of perfume.
- It is also used in the manufacture of juice and jams, as well as some cosmetics, due to the presence of an astringent substance in it.
- The rose symbolizes sincere love, hope, tranquility, depth of contemplation, and other noble meanings.
- As for its types; It is said that there are about 150 types of roses in different shapes and colors.
Prepare the soil for planting roses
Cultivation of roses in greenhouses
- In general, roses tend to grow stronger and more abundant in greenhouses than others.
- It can even grow 3 times a year, if protected from wind and rain.
- In order to do it right, the roses need a greenhouse of great size and height.
- The rose can also be grown in the soil of the greenhouse, or inside deep containers, or high plastic pots.
What are the requirements for growing roses in a greenhouse?
Required lighting and temperature
- Rose cultivars vary in the degree of light and temperature required for each.
- For example; Some flowers need low heat, others need relatively high heat.
- Whereas the period between autumn and winter is more suitable for other types of flowers.
- As for roses in particular; He needs to shade the greenhouse, or even paint it white to reduce temperatures.
- We must work to reduce the humidity levels inside the greenhouse.
- and in winter; Ventilation is done by installing screens or moving doors at the entrance to the house.
- As for the summer; Ventilation is carried out using different cooling devices.
Learn how to grow saffron in a greenhouse
Proper rearing of roses
Until the process of planting and raising the roses is done properly inside the greenhouse; There are a number of things to consider, including:
- After 3 or 4 weeks, the vegetative growth of the plant must be continued.
- Sometimes the vegetative growth of flowers is maintained by removing the lateral buds.
- Some cultivars may need to remove the flowering growths at the tops of the plant, by cutting them with special shears and taking great care.
- Care must also be taken to cut the side branches that can affect the plant and prevent its growth.
It remains to point out that roses may go through the dormancy phase or take a rest during the winter, and at this stage the focus must be on completing the necessary pruning and trimming operations, to get rid of the damaged and encourage the growth of dormant buds.
لا يوجد تعليقات