In recent decades, projects to construct greenhouses have spread widely within Arab countries, especially Saudi Arabia, due to its ability to provide agricultural products with high quality and appropriate quantities, but those who are about to implement this type of projects need to conduct feasibility studies required as a first step, including determining the costs and profits of greenhouses; To make sure they get the right return..
Greenhouses in Saudi Arabia
- Saudi Arabia, and the Arabian Peninsula in general, is one of the regions most affected by the hot climate.
- This usually causes some agricultural problems, especially with regard to growing plants that need low or moderate temperatures.
- Therefore, the construction of greenhouses has spread widely within the Kingdom.
Advantages of constructing greenhouses
Before we explain the costs and profits of greenhouses, we will point out a group of its features, which make it a good choice for many farmers and investors:
- Allows continuous production of all crops throughout the year.
- Save 200% compared to traditional or open field products.
- Availability of large quantities of irrigation water; Most of them depend on the drip irrigation system.
- Provides high quality products.
Greenhouse costs in Saudi Arabia
- The fact is that the costs and profits of greenhouses cannot be determined precisely, or rather, it cannot be generalized to all homes.
- There are a number of factors that determine the costs of constructing and installing a greenhouse.
- But that does not prevent us from mentioning some general points that give you an idea of the costs of constructing your greenhouse.
- For example; Air-conditioned homes are more expensive than non-air-conditioned homes.
- The cost also varies with the types of frames and covers used.
Factors that determine greenhouse costs
We can summarize the factors that determine the costs of a sheltered house in the following points:
- Greenhouse type.
- Its volume and area.
- his status; And whether it’s new or used.
- the country of manufacture; The cost of the local house differs from the imported house.
- Refrigeration and heating systems and equipment.
All of which are provided by Kinana Houses Factory, and depend on the customer’s choices and needs.
Greenhouse profits in Saudi Arabia
Profit, as well as costs, depends on a number of factors, including:
- The costs of purchasing homes, with all their requirements of cooling and heating systems..etc.
- Installation cost.
- The costs of preparing and plowing the land.
- Price of purchase of seedlings and seeds.
- Labour cost required.
- Maintenance costs and periodic follow-up.
- The cost of transportation and distribution operations.
We conclude that the costs and profits of greenhouses are not precisely quantifiable; It depends on several factors and requirements that differ from one client to another, and in all cases the owner of the project needs to conduct the necessary feasibility studies so that he is not surprised at a later stage by the high cost, which means that the project ends early, and perhaps without harvesting any profits.