Strawberry cultivation.. In a long series of articles, we discussed the method of growing various types of vegetables in greenhouses, such as tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, onions, green beans, and others, but this time we will focus on one of the types of fruits that many people prefer, and consumption amounts Its annual yield is quite high.. We are talking here about strawberry fruit.. What are its most important benefits, and how can it be grown inside a greenhouse?
Benefits of strawberries
Before explaining the method and controls of its cultivation in the greenhouse, we will first point to some of the benefits that characterize this fruit, including:
- Its ability to enhance memory.
- Treatment of constipation, because it contains a large amount of fiber.
- Protection from cancer because it contains antioxidants.
- Teeth whitening due to the astringent materials present in them.
- It also helps to lose weight due to the lack of calories in it.
- In addition, strawberries treat infections in different parts of the body.
The right time to plant strawberries
It is preferable to plant the strawberry crop from October to April, after which the flowers will begin to grow, and the farmer must follow up and remove the flowers on a daily basis for a month and a half from the date of planting, as the presence of these flowers would affect the growth of the crop.</ p>
After this period, only the vegetative growth of the plant will be required, and there will be no need to remove the flowers; Rather, it must be left until it grows and thus the strawberry fruit grows.
Vertical cultivation of strawberries in greenhouses
A common method of growing strawberries in greenhouses is; Cultivation in a vertical way, in which farmers need to follow the following procedures:
- Provide about 12 basins for planting inside, so that one basin contains 24 columns, and one column contains 8 cans or cork bottles, then the farmer puts 4 seedlings in each bottle.
- Some black plastic cans are also placed under cork cans and fixed through a thin tube in order to get rid of any excess water by draining it into the drainpipes connected to the tank.
- Farmers also need to shorten the roots to no more than 5 cm in length, and then place them in soil preferably sandy (consisting of sand, perlite and peat moss in equal proportions).
How to protect your strawberry crop from insects?
Irrigation and fertilization of strawberries in the greenhouse
As for irrigation and fertilization systems suitable for growing strawberries in greenhouses; It is necessary to rely on an automatic irrigation system that works for 12 minutes on a daily basis, and the water must permeate the strawberry plant from top to bottom; Until the excess water inside the tanks freezes and is used again.
Concerning soil fertilization; Fertilization for vertical cultivation of strawberries inside the greenhouse is by dissolving the fertilizer in the irrigation water in the tank, with the need to note that the fertilizer is placed inside the tank only once every 3 days.
It remains to be noted that there are many factors that can affect the cost of growing strawberries indoors; This includes the type and size of the house, the method of cultivation and whether it is vertical or ground, as well as whether the cultivation process is taking place for the first time inside the used soil or has been previously performed… and other factors.
لا يوجد تعليقات