The solar collector .. the emergence of modern technologies and technologies used inside greenhouses, after heating systems based on air and hot water, and those that use steam pipes as well as heaters for greenhouses, a new technology has appeared to heat greenhouses based on a device called “solar collector”. This technology has proven its efficiency through a recent scientific research.
Why should greenhouses be heated?
- Before starting to review this technology, we must explain why we need to heat greenhouses..
- The greenhouse usually contains summer crops that grow with high temperatures.
- Truffles that the plant needs to raise its temperature during sensitive periods of its life.
- Therefore, it is not possible to grow these plants inside greenhouses without providing the necessary heating systems and equipment.
The emergence of solar collector technology
- Nearly 10 years ago; A Tunisian researcher presented a research paper on heating the climate of greenhouses by relying on solar collectors.
- And her research achieved great success and reached good results.. She even won one of the Arab Educational, Cultural and Scientific Organization awards in 2013.
What is a solar collector?
As for the device itself and the way it works, it is simply based on the idea of storing heat during the day and using it during the night.
that is, it acts as a nighttime thermal pickup.
Items that make up:
- Black spherical capsules.
- These capsules contain a substance that has the ability to store heat; By changing its state from solid to liquid.
- Fan (to extract air).
- Heat insulator.
The results of the experiment, which was conducted by the researcher on some greenhouses, showed that the antenna contained a number of features, the most important of which are:
- Provide thermal energy of up to 500 watts, during the night period that extends for ten hours.
- A faster production process; The production speed in homes that use solar collectors is about 15 times that of those that do not use it.
- Reduce the use of insecticides, due to the low levels of humidity inside the house when using the pickup, which reduces the possibility of the appearance of pests and agricultural insects.
- Possibility of higher volume and quality productivity.
As mentioned earlier; The greenhouse heating systems are many and varied, such as installing heaters or what is known as heat guns and guns hanging from the greenhouse roof, or using electric, solar and wind energy boilers… and other methods and systems.