Agricultural calendar for the most important greenhouse plants.. The process of monitoring plants is an important and essential step in protected agriculture, as it helps in reaching optimal production (quantitatively and qualitatively) throughout the year, and here are some of the basic operations that must be carried out during the successive months of the year.
- During this month, the land is prepared and prepared for planting vegetables, and seeds are sown inside the nursery starting from the middle of the month.
- In addition to planting an early bouquet of hybrid flowers .
- Seedlings of vegetables, such as eggplant, peppers and tomatoes, containing August sun seeds, are moved to the tunnels.
- Start focusing on the irrigation process with the regular use of chemical compound fertilizers.
- Transfer seedlings of beans, cantaloupe, cauliflower, tomatoes, peppers, and eggplant.
- Transfer the vegetable seedlings planted in September to the permanent field area and make sure to water them twice daily.
- Tie fast-growing plants, such as cucumbers and beans, with string.
- Start growing hybrid winter flowers indoors.
- Make grafts. Any new seedlings planted in the damaged place.
- Take the necessary precautions to face the frost during this period.
- Prepare the brackets and secure them in some places.
- Prepare the necessary plastic covers, which will be placed on the brackets, and then secure them with the appropriate threads.
- It is necessary to take care to lift the covers at sunrise, and to open the middle and high doors of the greenhouse; This is so that moisture does not increase inside it.
- Start by planting summer flowers in the greenhouse.
- Transport cucumber, melon and zucchini seedlings to perennial fields.
- Be sure to turn on the exhaust fans, and refrain from opening the cooling device; Because the temperature may rise in this month.
- Maintenance of cooling devices, and ridding them of the dust attached to them, so that they are ready for operation in the summer. Tomato.
- Control insects and pests that infect plants, such as spiders and aphids, if they appear.
- Begin by tying the cucumber and tomato and removing the side branches.
- When the tomato plant begins flowering; It is preferable to start spraying the fruit hormone and if it is not available, the plant holder can be transferred to complete the pollination process.
- Cultivation of strawberries, lettuce, cabbage and cauliflower. Rocalin netting, and at the same time covering the house with polyethylene, making some holes for ventilation.
- In addition to giving the plants a complete fertilizer solution.
- Spraying greenhouses with the necessary pesticides to prevent pests after harvesting vegetable crops.
- During the months of June and July; It is preferable to sterilize the soil against nematodes, algae, bacteria and viruses, but this is done after removing the remains of previous crops.
With this, we have finished presenting the agricultural calendar for the most important greenhouse plants in Egypt, and adhering to this calendar is an effective way to obtain high productivity for different crops, despite the timing of temperature changes may vary slightly from year to year, which must be taken into account from Farmer’s side and act on it.