Given that greenhouse projects are among the projects that support the economic system and food security in Saudi Arabia; The Kingdom always emphasizes its support for such projects, including making sure to provide all the tools, machines and fertilizers used in them.. But this does not negate the need for greenhouse owners to study their project thoroughly before starting its implementation; In order to ensure obtaining the required profits..
- In recent decades, a number of factors have emerged that have contributed to an increase in the interest of Saudi entrepreneurs and businessmen to invest their money in this field.
- Among those factors were; Irrigation development with the possibility of saving irrigation systems, such as drip irrigation, as well as the use of modified or improved seeds.
- In addition, farmers resort to using natural materials in their pest control.</li >
- In addition to the development and increase of engineering expertise required for the construction and installation of greenhouses.
- Those factors, along with the well-known advantages of greenhouses such as increasing production efficiency and quantities, have contributed to the emergence and spread of greenhouse factories, such as Kenana Houses Factory< /a>, and increase the number of people wishing to implement its projects.
Successful greenhouse projects
As mentioned earlier; Greenhouse projects have a set of steps that must be adhered to, in order to achieve the required agricultural and material return, and these steps are:
Make a feasibility study
This study must include a set of elements:
- An explanation of the land area, its suitability for the project, and the number of houses that will be built.
- In addition to the necessity of determining the suitability of the land site for the project, the required periodic maintenance operations, as well as the transportation and construction operations..etc.
- Determine the water sources to be relied upon, the type of house that will be constructed and its suitability for the cultivated plants.
- The study of competitors is also an important element within the elements of the feasibility study.
- Studying labor costs and the project’s marketing process.
The project owner needs to define fixed and variable budgets for each of the above elements; So that he will not be surprised by urgent matters that force him to withdraw from his project or stop it early.
Pay attention to construction
- This includes the use of skilled and experienced factories in implementing these houses, and periodic and accurate follow-up of the greenhouse, as well as the start of planting on time.
- Accuracy is the most appropriate way to reduce high financial costs; As the random implementation of the project will necessarily lead to problems later, which will require maintenance and expensive additional costs.
- This is done by relying on the best experiences and technologies used in preparing greenhouses.
- It is therefore important to seek advice from a team of experts, technicians and engineers, to ensure that all required standards are met.
Integrated Greenhouse Management
- One of the things that contribute to the success of greenhouse projects; Adopting an integrated administrative system, based on cooperation between officials and workers.
- The integrated management process also includes the use of high quality seedlings, and effective pesticides to control various pests.
- In addition to working on employing modern irrigation and fertilization technologies and systems, and building relationships based on mutual trust between workers and management.
There are a number of problems that may prevent the success of greenhouse projects in Saudi Arabia; Including the exaggeration in the use of chemicals, and the repetition of crops that others are planting without taking into account the absorptive capacity of the Saudi market.. and other problems that must be paid attention to so that the greenhouse projects bear fruit.
لا يوجد تعليقات