There are greenhouses types and shapes, including nurseries, which are used to produce various types of plant seedlings, and Kenana Houses Factory provides many There are various types of agricultural nurseries, whether arched, flat, or straight-sided.. What are those nurseries and how are they implemented?
What are nurseries
Nurseries are areas of protected land, designated for cultivation and reproduction of many types of plant seedlings.
In it, the cuttings of some types of plants are cultivated, with the aim of producing seedlings, and then distributing them to the places and parties that wish to grow them.
The goal of establishing nurseries agricultural
- Nurtures are created primarily to preserve the genetic traits of the plants to be grown.
- The process of establishing nurseries also aims to provide seedlings with excellent specifications, able to withstand climatic conditions.
- The nurseries contribute to providing the appropriate environmental conditions for the production of seedlings from seeds and vegetative parts, in preparation for their distribution and cultivation inside greenhouses.
- Increasing the number of seedlings planted in the new reform areas, and providing each area with seedlings suitable for its climatic conditions.
- As well as supplying gardens with seedlings suitable for planting in them, and compensating for damaged plants in those gardens by replacing them with new plants and seedlings.
- Employment and training of manpower, increased experience and training.
Types of nurseries
In addition to its geometrical classification; There are various bases used to classify agricultural nurseries, including:
Classification of nurseries in terms of their use and purpose
These are nurseries established by government agencies, or major agricultural companies, to supply plants to areas and public roads.
And they are established within private gardens, in which plants are grown in limited numbers and spaces.
The main purpose of its establishment is to provide the necessary seedlings for private garden cultivation as well.
As for commercial nurseries, they are those that are established for the purpose of trade, that is, they are sold to different parties, regardless of their ownership.
Of course; Usually, the numbers and areas of plants planted in this type of nursery are increased.
Classification of nurseries by ownership
These are nurseries that belong to different governmental bodies, such as the Ministry of Agriculture, agricultural research centers, colleges and institutes of agriculture…etc.
As for the private nurseries; They are owned by individuals or citizens, whether they are their own, or created for a commercial purpose.
Categorizing nurseries according to the crops they produce
They are nurseries dedicated to the production of seedlings of different fruits.
They are nurseries specialized in producing vegetable seedlings.
And this is donePurified for the purpose of producing various ornamental plants.
For forest nurseries; It is specialized in producing seedlings of forest trees, as well as trees used in afforestation operations in streets, parks and other public places.
Steps to create a nursery
Location of the nursery
- A fertile land, light or medium, should be chosen, free from harmful salts.
- Due to the difficulty of growing plants in sandy ground; to loosen their texture, and also in black earth, being so compact, in such a way that they often prevent roots from growing.
- A well-drained plot of land should also be chosen, allowing the excess water to be disposed of.
- This land should be exposed to the sun and permeated with air, as well as far from places of strong winds and storms, so that the leaves of the plants fall or their branches break.
- If the site is threatened by gusts of wind or storm; Fender trees can be planted that reduce their damage.
- The distance from infested places or any agricultural areas infested with insects and diseases must also be taken into consideration. So that the infection does not spread to the nursery ground.
Nurse plant planning and design
The area of the nursery’s land must be commensurate with the purpose of its establishment, and then a scheme (a sketch) is made according to a specific drawing scale.
This plan should also include an explanation of the image that will be in the nursery, and the facilities that will be built on it, which is necessary to start the cultivation of greenhouses (such as greenhouses – heating systems – cooling systems .. etc.).
In addition to the above; The different seedlings need a set of tools and equipment to carry out their various technical operations inside the nursery, including tools for preparing and planting seeds, tools for servicing the ground and separating the seedlings.. and others.